(Watch the video presentation above or, if you prefer, read on for the video transcript!)
“How Can I Get My Brand Noticed?”
You did everything right…
You have the beautiful, list-building website.
You have the juicy lead magnet.
You even have the online product that’ll sell from the site and make you wealthy while you traipse around the world climbing coconut trees in your favorite loincloth. (Or whatever you like to do with all that wealthy freedom.)
You did everything James Earl Jones told you to do — and then some.
But…there’s a hitch.
Where are the people?
Nevermind the buyers — where’s the traffic?
Two observations I should share with you:
1) You’re not alone. Especially if you’re just getting started with your online brand. (See # of websites going live right this moment to further spiral into depression.)
2) It’s not gonna get any easier. You’re going to have to work even smarter to gain traction.
Notice I didn’t say you’ll have to work harder. But smarter? Absolutely.
And that’s why our super Social Media strategist, Phyllis Khare, put together this 4-part training series called The Social Classroom.
Our goal with this series (and training program) is simple: to help you increase reach, attract your tribe, and earn a real living with your online platform.
(Instagram photos of you in your loincloth would be nice, too.)
So without further adieu, let’s dive in!
Did you know there’s only 4 ways to expand your REACH online?
Well, now you do!
Let’s explore the 1st way: Magnetized Shareable Content.
Out of all the 4 ways to expand reach online, the one that most people are excited about at the moment is Content Marketing. But remember content is only one of 4 ways to expand Reach online.
Let’s take each word individually.
We know what content is: any bit of information in the form of text, video, image, GIF, or a live event – anything that is a packet of information is called Content.
People only share things that fall into three categories; either it’s extremely emotional, extremely informative, or extremely entertaining. In other words, it has to really activate the emotions in order for someone to take the time and effort to hit the share button. That’s the Holy Grail in terms of Reach. Having someone click the share button in order to show it to their Universe of Friends is the whole point of Content Marketing.
Now let’s talk about this word magnetized. I’m sure you’ve noticed this when you scroll through your Facebook feed, some things are very interesting to you and some things don’t even register in your brain and you scroll right past them. What is the trigger that stops the scrolling? What makes you stop and look at something or to bypass it?
Something about that post is magnetized to you. It’s either the vocabulary, the font, the colors, the voice, the tone, the imagery – something about that post is attractive to you and makes you stop scrolling.
That means it’s magnetized to you — you are the target audience for that post.
So magnetized shareable content is the goal of using content marketing.
Now there are things that you can do to your content to make them more magnetized and shareable. For example, do you know the best colors, the best fonts, the best voice, the best imagery, the best tone that is loved by your audience?
Do you know what makes your audience click the share button? Is it a positive emotion or negative emotion that moves the hand to click that button? Is it an all inspiring moment or a disgusting moment that makes them want to share with their world? Is it highly entertaining or is it deeply emotional? Is it highly informative? Do you know? Have you tested enough to know for sure?
Posting just any kind of content online just adds to the noise. Take the time to figure out what is attractive to your audience that will make them share in a way that gains you a wider audience.
Next up in this series is the 2nd way to expand REACH online – Using Hashtags – Keywords – and SEO.
Some Super Stats to Consider
- 72% of marketers say relevant content creation was the most effective SEO tactic. (Ascend2, 2015) (Source: HubSpot)
- 53% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot, 2017) (Source: HubSpot)
- Compounding blog posts make up 10% of all blog posts and generate 38% of overall traffic. (Source: HubSpot)
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images. (Buzzsumo, 2015) (Source: HubSpot)
- Articles with an image once every 75-100 words got double the number of social shares than articles with fewer images. (Buzzsumo, 2015) (Source: HubSpot)
- Research has shown that when people hear information, they are likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later. (LifeLearn, 2015) (Source: HubSpot)